Tuesday, May 13, 2014

BLOG BIRTHDAY GUEST POST: Leigh Ellwood



Often when I write a blog I keep readers informed on what I’m writing at the moment. It happens, too, that I love to read, so I thought today I’d use the time to share my reading interests. I’m always on the lookout for books and authors to try, so maybe after seeing this you’ll have some names for me to search during my next shopping binge. It could be a while, though, because I dropped some heavy bills at All Romance eBooks the other day.

I mainly write erotica and erotic romance – most pairings. When it comes to reading romance, however, I don’t always drift toward the naughty stuff. I am reading more lesbian romance these days to support my fellow writers, and if an M/M book looks appealing I’ll pick it up. My big favorites, though, are these:

Small Town Contemporaries - I grew up in a big city, but the appeal of a small town romance gets to me. I’ve enjoyed Kristan Higgins‘s Blue Heron books and Brenda Novak‘s Whiskey Creek novels, and I’ve read a few of Donna Kauffman‘s Cupcake Club stories. Recently, I discovered Kathleen O’Brien and her Bell River Ranch books – they have a Western feel, but they aren’t really cowboy romances.

Tudor-era Fiction - A friend might suggest I lived a past life in the Tudor courts. Jury’s still out on reincarnation for me, but I can’t enough of Tudor-inspired stories. I just finished an incredible trilogy by Laura Andersen that is alternative history – what might have happened if Anne Boleyn had a son. It isn’t romance, but I highly recommend all three books.

Tie-ins - I’m not quite sure how to categorize these. These aren’t necessarily fan fiction books, but stories that incorporate elements of books and pop culture that I enjoy. I recently finished No Place Like Oz, which is a twist on the OZ tales. I’m trying to catch up on the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer, too. Another one I’d recommend is Such Sweet Sorrow by Jenny Trout, a paranormal twist on Shakespeare.
It’s a varied list, yes, but I will read pretty much anything. If you know of books/authors like these, let me know.
Leigh Ellwood’s most recent release is LOVE IS BLISS, available at Amazon, B&N, and ARe.
~
About Me
I am Leigh Ellwood. I write smutty stories about people who like getting naked and having sex. Some have more sex than others, some have sex with people of the same gender, some have sex with more than one person, and still others have sex with toys and things that require the use of batteries. My stories range from a few thousand words to well past 70k. The book list link above breaks everything down for you – genre, length, and other attributes. My books are available at Amazon, B&N, Smashwords, Kobo, and ARe. Really, just type my name in any bookstore site and something is bound to show up. I prefer ARe as a vendor because they rock, but feel feel to buy my books anywhere you like.
I have won awards for writing, and I have received 5-star reviews. I have also received 1-star reviews and people have looked at me funny at cons and events. I enjoy reading, yoga, and rock music. I liked the 9th Doctor best. I don’t wear dresses. I won’t cut my hair or color it. I will not limit myself to one genre when it comes to writing. I write contemporary, paranormal, gay, lesbian, menage, geek, short, long, purposely funny and hilariously sad. If I never win a major award or make a list, I will live content in the fact that I have written something, and that’s the dream.
http://www.leighellwood.com
http://leighwantsfood.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/leighellwoodauthor
http://twitter.com/LeighEllwood

No comments:

Post a Comment