Sunday, May 25, 2014

BLOG BIRTHDAY GUEST POST: J.L. Berg



Ready for You – An exclusive SNEAK PEEK!

Garret and Mia sitting in a tree
K I S S I N G
First comes love,
Then comes…

Wait, where the rest of it go?
Yeah, exactly.

Had I known this would be the last time I saw her, I would have never let her go.
I would have fought for her. I would have done something, anything.
I would have done anything, except stand there and watch her disappear…forever.

That’s what Garrett Finnegan has been wondering for the last eight years of his life.  Where did she go?  Why did she leave him?

For readers and lovers of the Ready series, everyone has come to know Garrett as the mysterious younger brother of Clare.  He always seems to be absent from family gatherings, works too much and is very touchy about his past. 

And everyone wants to know….why?  What’s his deal?  Well, on May 26th, you’ll have your answer!

Ready for You is by far the most angsty book I’ve written to date.  In When You’re Ready—Clare and Logan fall for each other in a slow, beautiful way.  Never Been Ready is nothing but sex and passion in the very beginning.  Ready for You?  Yeah, Garrett pretty much hates her and isn’t shy about vocalizing it. 

“You’re coming back?”
Our eyes met, and I nodded. “Yes, I like to follow through with things until the very end.”
The double meaning was not lost on her.

But, even with so much bottled up anger, neither can deny the passion that still burns between them.  As hard as they try to fight it, they can’t stay away from one another.  

“I just don’t want to be alone, not tonight. Look…” he said with a sigh. “Ever since you came back, I’ve been trying to push you away. Every time I push, I find myself right back on your damn doorstep, so I push harder, and I’ll be damned if I don’t find myself right back where I started. The harder I fight it, the stronger the urge to give in becomes. It’s exhausting, and I’m fucking tired. So, for one night, please…help me forget about all the shit going on in my life, and let me finally fall asleep with you in my arms again. Help me forget.”

Garrett and Mia have so much to overcome, not only in their relationship, but also within themselves.  Eight years of loneliness, anger and dwelling in the past has changed Garrett.  He can’t even remember who he is anymore. 

“I’m going to take off,” she said softly, her timid brown eyes peeking out from tousled blonde bangs.
“Okay,” I answered, feeling like the worst kind of asshole on the planet.
She waited for a second, obviously stalling to see if I would follow up with anything. When I didn’t, she reached for the door and took a step forward, but I stopped her.
“Hey, I’m sorry. I just…I’m…” I didn’t know what to say. I’m fucked-up? Permanently?

Mia has been allowing regret run her life for far too long.  When she returns home and finds Garrett again, it only multiplies those feelings and before too long, she feels like she’s drowning in her own misfortunes.  Will she allow herself to be happy again?

I knew what I wanted, but I couldn’t seem to get past my own insecurities to take it.
Once again, the only obstacle in the way of my own happiness was myself.

Are you ready??  I’d love to tell you more but if I go any further, I’ll start spilling secrets—and there are a lot of them hidden in these pages. 

So, there is your little sneak peek at the next installment of the Ready series!  Be sure to get your copy on May 26th!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment