Friday, May 9, 2014

BIRTHDAY GUEST POST: Kim Carmichael



Cougars and My At Work Husband

Kim Carmichael



Cougars are a predatory animal known for their hunting skills, I suppose that is why they call an older woman with a younger man a cougar. 



The central love story in Predictions is about a younger man and an older woman.  When I set out to write it, I have to admit some research was in order as I have never been with a younger man myself.  As I was developing the character of Charlotte I had many questions arise out of this type of relationship.  How would she feel being with a younger man?  Would she be worried?  What were the positives?  Alternately, what did the man like most?  Did he seek out older women? 



To further my research I turned to another unique relationship to give me the answers… my At Work Husband (From here on out known as AWH).  Yes, the AWH, commonly called the work spouse.  That one person at work who you just simply have a connection to, can tell things to, and you have each other's collective backs.  Well, in my case, my AWH also likes older women, and as any devoted work spouse would do, he decided to come to my aid.



So without further ado, I bring you the interview (and of course my commentary) with my AWH and his take on the older woman relationship (for the record I am nine years older than him)



1.  How old are you? 37



2.  What is the biggest age gap you have had between you and a significant other?  23 years (Ok so once I read that I had to text him this question:  How old were you when you were dating her and how long did it last? Cause I'm a girl and I need to know these things.  He answered:  He was 19 and in college and working in the acquisitions department at the library and it lasted four months and it ended when his step mom and her husband decided they shouldn't see each other anymore.)



Side note: Now although I have been the AWW (At Work Wife) to my AWH for over two years this was also the moment I realized he will give me much more detailed answers if I text him rather than email him a list of questions.  A mistake I will not make when I interview him for my AWH interview.



3.  Have you always preferred older women? Yes (this was an email question, notice the one word answer, but I guess I set myself up for that one.)



4.  What attracts you to an older woman? I would have to say the maturity level of an older woman.



(I must say here, that although I am older I am very needy so now I must ask him if I make him crazy.  Please stand by while I wait for his answer…  He said – Of course not!  Need I tell you that AWHs say all the right things?)



5. What is your favorite part of being with someone older? Senior discounts---ha ha----being taken care of. 



(I find that also interesting since he always takes care of me but I digress)



6.  What is your least favorite part?  None that I can think of.



(Okay, maybe he can't think of anything but I can think of plenty.  J)



7.  Does your significant other ever get insecure about the age difference?  No 



(Two things – 1. AWH has an AHGF – at home girlfriend as I have an AHH – At Home Husband hence why I asked about his significant other.  2.  This is what I was talking about with the one word answers, so I asked him what he would tell me if I said I was worried he would one day want a younger girl and he said…I would tell you that you have no reason to worry will not happen.)



8.  What do you tell her to make her feel better if she is insecure?  She's confident in herself, I don't need to say anything.



(Could it be he likes confident women?  A woman secure with herself?  Score one for the AWW)



9.  Do you ever see yourself being with someone your age or younger?  No



(He seemed really adamant on that so I didn't push it.  For the record he has never dated a woman younger.  The closest was – and I quote – 3 years 9 months and 8 days older – he is very exact)



10.  What is the best part about being my AWH?   lol--literally-----making you happy



(Okay that was a swoony answer if I do say so myself.)



So, the cougar romance?  I say it can be really sexy.



P.S.  I know everyone wants to know more about my AWH but that is coming in another blog!



Giveaway:  One lucky commenter will win a Predictions Postcard and Magnet!!







@kimcarmichael4









Predictions



Trying to change her outlook, meteorologist, Charlotte Bernard, came to California for a change of seasons. When she took the job as Weather Forecaster for KCLA she didn't realize their ratings were falling like raindrops and weather doesn't truly exist in the Sunshine State.



Cameraman, Jake Wells, is on a mission to save the station where he used to run around as kid on the studio lot, and the new Ice Princess of a weatherwoman is providing his perfect muse both in front of the camera and behind it.  He only needs to figure out how to melt her heart and have her forget their Spring-Summer difference in their ages.



Determined not to repeat the mistakes made in the springtime of her life, Charlotte refuses to succumb to the charms of the scorching hot, younger cameraman.  Though she plays along with his gimmicks to get ratings, she refuses to allow him to make a disaster zone out of her life.



Together they figure out that weather and love are anything but predictable.



Predictions is book one of the Airwaves Series following the News Crew at KCLA-TV.  Each book is stand alone with its own unique couple.








Kim Carmichael



Kim Carmichael began writing nine years ago when her love of happy endings inspired her to create her own. 



A Southern California native, Kim's contemporary romance combines Hollywood magic with pop culture to create quirky characters set against some of most unique and colorful settings in the world. Kim



With a weakness for designer purses, bad boys and techno geeks, Kim married her own computer whiz after he proved he could keep her all her gadgets running and finally admitted handbags were an investment.



Kim is a PAN member of the Romance Writers of America, as well as some small specialty chapters.  A multi-published author, Kim's books can be found on Amazon as well as Barnes & Nobel.  From alcohol to makeup to infrared cameras and even scientific lasers studying the atmosphere, Kim has worked in some aspect of sales and marketing for over twenty years.



When not writing, she can usually be found slathered in sunscreen trolling Los Angeles and helping top doctors build their practices.






No comments:

Post a Comment