Tuesday, May 20, 2014

BLOG BIRTHDAY GUEST POST: Lacey Wolfe



Thank you so much for having me on your blog to celebrate. First off – Happy Anniversary! I can’t believe this blog is one already!

I’ve had the honor of knowing Sarah for a couple years now. I’ve enjoyed getting to know her, as well as Abee and Erin. Sarah Says Read Romance is a fabulous blog, and one you should be following.

Building friendships, whether on line or in real life is so important. Since publishing in 2011, I’ve made some wonderful friends who I consider real friends, even if I only know them online. But these are real relationships. Ella Jade is an author I connected with right away in my career. We chat constantly through email or Gchat. I actually got to meet her August of 2013 at Authors After Dark. Now, you’d think it would be awkward meeting someone face to face and sharing a room with them if you’ve never actually met them. Not the case. From the moment I knocked on the hotel room door until the moment we parted ways, it felt like we’d known each other for years.  The same thing when we got to connect at another convention.

I often talk about my online friends with my husband or other people, and I wonder if they think I’m nuts. But when you have the career I do, where I spend long hours at home alone and the only people I get to talk to really are on the computer, it’s no wonder I talk about them. My hubby often laughs when I say I’m calling an author friend to gossip. He says, “what do you have to gossip about? You don’t know these people.” I always shrug and tell him he doesn’t understand. 

I have friends who aren’t online, of course. Nothing beats meeting a friend for lunch or a pedicure. Friendships are special. It takes a lot to really connect with someone. Not all friendships last forever, but every now and then you find that one friend and it just clicks.

Thank you again for having me on your blog, and happy anniversary! Here is to another great year!

About Lacey Wolfe
Lacey Wolfe has always had a passion for words, whether it’s getting lost in a book or writing her own. From the time she was a child she would slip away to write short stories about people she knew and fantasies she wished would happen. It has always been her dream to be a published author and with her two children now of school age, she finally has the time to work on making her dream come true.

Lacey lives in Georgia with her husband, son and daughter, their six cats and one black lab who rules the house.

You can find Lacey at the following places:
Website / The Wolfe Pack Group / Facebook / Facebook Page / Twitter / Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment