Sunday, June 29, 2014

REVIEW: Beatless by Amber L. Johnson



Mallory Durham has been left behind and it is making her feel less like an adult and more like an afterthought. 

Divorce, sickness, educational aspirations being shattered, and her Aunt Sam moving into her home, have made Mal's life nearly unrecognizable to her.

When Tucker Scott re-enters her life along with his band, will they offer what she needs to once again find her voice and self confidence or will it strip her of it even more?

Told through the dual voices of Mallory as she navigates her new world, and Aunt Sam's letters to her niece, Beatless tells the story of two women at very different points in their life, fighting the same battles; proving that no matter what age a person is, there are always lessons to be learned.


Buy Links: Amazon : Goodreads

ADRI'S  REVIEW:

Thank you to Amber L. Johnson for providing me a copy of this book so I could bring you this review. If I wasn't already in love with this author and her writing I would be head over heals after this book.

Now I will admit I didn't really like Mallory our main character at the beginning of this story... I found her to be very immature, but then again I now understand that was the point. This story is about her growth from a spoiled teenager to a more mature young woman. And by the end of the book I really enjoyed her.

Tucker was a great character and one that you can see how misunderstood he was in his younger years. And he has a lot of responsibility for such a young man. He to me is what helps Mal mature and grow into a new better person.

My favorite character though is Sam Mallory's aunt. She gives Mal the kick in the ass she needs to get back into the world and not let depression and dispare take over her life. 

Now I have to say this story had be crying big, fat, snotty tears, and when I made the comment to Amber she very happily replied she wasn't sorry about that, and she shouldn't be. That is exactly the reaction that she was aiming for and helped it come across perfectly.

So you want to be taken away to a world where life isn't perfect, but you learn to grow up and try to make the best out of the situations life hands you, then this is definitely the book for you.

Happy Reading... Adri


No comments:

Post a Comment