Friday, October 24, 2014

REVIEW: Just Say Yes By: Jen Andrews

Title: Just Say Yes 
By: Jen Andrews 
  Released On: July 28, 2014
Amazon: http://amzn.com/B00M7N1Q6U


Blurb:

This is book two of three for characters Zoey and Andy. 

After an accident lands Zoey in the hospital, her life, once again, takes a turn in the wrong direction. 

Andy starts acting differently and won’t talk to her about what is bothering him. He’s distant and broody, and the closer it gets to Zoey’s upcoming vacation, the more unsettling Andy’s behavior becomes. 

Once Zoey leaves for vacation, life doesn’t get any easier for her, until she begins to volunteer at a local horse ranch. There she meets Josie, a former therapist, who spent her career helping orphans. While she is working at the ranch, unbeknownst to her, Josie is helping Zoey better herself and heal. 

Zoey and Andy both realize they have issues from their troubling pasts that need to be dealt with during the month that Zoey is gone, and they agree to work on them. By the time she comes home, they’ve both succeeded at putting their previous tragedies behind them and are looking forward to their future together. 

On what should be the happiest day of their lives, Andy is completely blindsided by disturbing news from his past. While Andy is away and trying desperately to find out if the information he’s received is true, Zoey suspects a life changing situation that could either ruin her and Andy, or make them completely whole. 

Can their relationship survive Andy’s devastation, or will their lives fall apart forever? Will Zoey find it within her newfound strength to hold them together?


Dani's Review: 
****4.5 Kiwi Stars****
*I was given an ARC for an honest Review*

I was anxious to start this book as the The Reason ended in a cliffie. Boy was I glad that I had Just Say Yes on Hand.

Just Say Yes..  There are so many emotions that I am feeling right now as I just finished the book moments ago. I would have to say so far that  Just Say Yes is my favorite of the 2 books in this series right now. I yet again lived in Zoey shoes throughout Just Say Yes as much as I did throughout The Reason.

Zoey planning to go on a vacation so soon after the accident. Andy not wanting her to go, but not stopping her. These two are so back and forth with their feelings at times that it gave me whip lash but I survived and saw it through to the end.

Zoey and Andy are still trying to find the right medium in their relationship and yet again the world seems to be against them.  Again. I laughed, I cried, I screamed, I yelled. (Which I do not do often when reading a book) Just Say Yes brings and emotional punch, so I am issuing a tissue warning when you start to read it.

The uphill battles that both Zoey and Andy have faced in their lives would be enough for me to call it quits and asking for help. We get to see a broader range of characters with the second installment. You learn what their families are about and what type of support system they have when it comes to the world being on top of their shoulders. This book ended in such heartbreak from me that I am sure I will be analyzing what I have read for days to come. You will find love, sexy time, romance, heartbreak all in this book.

 I took a lot away from this book not only as a reviewer but as a individual who faces some of these same struggles in everyday life. This book is almost to real to be a work of fiction and if I have the chance one day I will have to ask Jen if it is or not.

There is not much more that I feel I can say because I do not want to give out spoilers. If you are reading this. I encourage you to click on the buy link above and enjoy Jen's first  two installments (The Reason, Just Say Yes)  of this series the way I have.

All in all. I am anxiously awaiting the third installment of the Just Say Yes Series.

My Hat is off to you Jen. You have done it again :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment