Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Wednesday w/ WNY author Cynthia Racette and her new release: Married to the Job

Married to the Job
Cynthia Racette

Astrophysicist Dr. Miranda Perry is happily ensconced at Palomar Observatory. She rarely goes out because she spends so much time searching for new planets. Her job is everything to her. When sexy, smart, and suave particle physicist Dr. Russell Rogers visits Palomar to give a seminar on the popular Higgs Boson, he blows her world apart, planets and all.

It’s love at first sight for Russ, and he convinces Miranda to go out with him. In the short time they have together, sparks fly and sexual tension magnifies by powers of ten.

After Russ returns to his job in Boston, the two arrange hectic, emotion- and sex-filled moments, but the liaisons in the Midwest don’t cut it and a choice must be made. With each of them committed to prestigious jobs on opposite sides of the country, who will move to be with the other? Or, will they give up on their relationship because each is married to the job?


Excerpt:

They were both ready to come together when Miranda panicked. “Wait, Russ. I’m not sure we should be doing this. I’m not into one-night stands. I don’t do that sort of thing.”
“I don’t either.” Along with the heat and passion, his face showed determination.
“You’re leaving tomorrow. How can it be anything other than a one-night stand?”
“I may be leaving, but I’m not getting on that plane until I’ve made utter and complete love to you. And, whether I leave tomorrow or not, we’re not severing this relationship. Not if I have anything to say about it.”
She lay for a moment, staring up at him, stunned. He could tell no one had ever said anything like that to her. He didn't want to let her go. Did that mean he wanted something permanent? Geez. He was afraid to go there yet, but just as much, he was afraid not to.
His heart fluttered and hot zings flew through his body. He watched Miranda simmer and burn, feelings settling at her center, where warmth and moistness and firing nerve endings invited him to explore.
Their gazes met and hers blazed with intense fire, like a conflagration started by two suns colliding.

www.cynthiaracette.com
Released August 28: Uncharted FateReleased 2012: Windswept
Novella: Married to the Job, to release Jan. 2014


Sarah's Review:
Thanks to Cynthia Racette and Cassandra Carr for reaching out and asking for someone to review this story.  As they are local authors for me, I jumped at the chance.  Plus, I really enjoyed the other book that I have read of Cynthia Racette's.  

I was a little leery at first because of the professions and was slightly worried that I wouldn't like it because of that.  Boy, I was wrong.  I loved this story.  I loved how Miranda and Russ had to work through distance and jobs in order to make their relationship work   

Without giving too much away, this story is about working through what makes a relationship work when all things seem to conspire against it.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Sarah, for reviewing my book. I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reviewing it and being so supportive of local authors!

    ReplyDelete