Monday, February 9, 2015

Sudden Death A Dr. Tess Scott Medical Mystery Thriller (Doctor Tess Book 1) by Pat Wilpenter


Sudden Death A Dr. Tess Scott Medical Mystery Thriller (Doctor Tess Book 1)

Synopsis


 If you enjoy medical thrillers and mysteries, it’s time you met Doctor Tess.

A mystery medical condition starts killing hospital patients. Tess is utterly dedicated to using her medical skills to relieve human suffering. And that was working well enough until one particular Tuesday. Her investigations spiral into unexpected dangers in this fast-moving medical thriller.

Is sweet romance on the horizon for Tess in this short story?


Sudden Death A Dr. Tess Scott Medical Mystery Thriller
(Doctor Tess Book 1)
By Pat Wilpenter
Review By Heidi Lynn

I would like to thank Amazon and Pat Wilpenter for giving me this book so I may provide you with this review. 

Medical Mysteries and Thriller books has to be one of my favorite genres. I am so glad to come  upon Pat Wilpenter's book Sudden Death on Amazon. It is a quick and easy read (34 pages) that hooks you in the first page. 

Meet Dr. Tess Angelica Scott a Doctor of the Emergency Response ward at CityWest Hospital. Tess had become a doctor to help people. To relieve pain and to save lives. She had chosen the medical career because she wanted to help her fellow man. Multiple patients came into her ER that night complaining of similar symptoms. Each patient dying before the blood results could com back. Dr. Tess was on a mission to find out what was really going on here. 

As a reader I felt Sudden Death was a little teaser leading into the series.  Pat Wilpenter's teaser worked and I will be reading his next installment.

Sudden Death gets 4.5 out of 5 stars from me.


Author
Pat Wilpenter

Hi there! I grew up in a simpler time with my younger brother, a pushbike and a floppy-eared Cocker Spaniel. And of course a Dad and Mum. My Dad was a hard working fellow who was always there to help friends and neighbors. He’d started life in a small coastal holiday town, working first as an apprentice tailor. My Mum was a farm girl who met my Dad when they were both in the Air Force. After they married, Mum did a stint as a dental nurse during the evenings to save up the money to buy a piano. 

Music figured prominently in our house. Mum played the piano for church. And we had many a singalong on nights when friends came over. And yes, I took piano lessons in case you were wondering.

Dad had built a brick barbecue in the backyard. A solid structure with quite a tall chimney. And it got a solid workout over the years because my childhood was blessed with many happy backyard barbecues with the kids scampering around and generally having lots of harmless fun. Those evenings almost always finished up with most of us gathered around the piano for a singalong. 

With (or without) my brother, there were many bike rides from our house… over the big hill… and down the other side to the local surf beach. We didn’t have the money to buy a surfboard but that’s okay because I could never figure out how to stand up on one of those things anyway. Ah, but body surfing - that was my thing. Loved it. 

And no, I was never bitten by a shark or drowned. Shark sightings were not uncommon. But we felt safe because all through the long beach season, volunteer life savers kept watch from their high observation towers. When the shark alarm sounded, we all swam like champions to get out of the water. Education? Yes, my folks didn’t have much opportunity when they were young but they saw its value and we were given every encouragement to do well in school. Which we mostly did. 

My education has been all over the place, literally… from failing my first (and only) shot at economics at university, then off to the UK where I completed a BA degree with majors in theology and communications. While living in Sydney many years later, I picked up a Diploma of Freelance Journalism and then a computing degree. We’ve now retired and finally I’ve got time to start writing stories. 

And I’m loving it! 

Thanks for popping in today. 

Cheers,
Pat W.


Click here for a FREE download of SUDDEN DEATH:http://geni.us/SuDe

Book 2 in the Doctor Tess series is called YOUNG BLOOD and it's available here: http://geni.us/YoBl

No comments:

Post a Comment