Wednesday, February 25, 2015

A Special Connection by Theresa Troutman


The Special Connection 
By Theresa Troutman


Blurb

Life has been a constant challenge for Jake Lewis. Left paralyzed emotionally and physically by a car accident which killed his parents when he was just twelve-years-old, Jake struggles to be happy. His best friends, Rick Welsh and Samantha Andrews, are a couple who fight as passionately as they make up. This puts Jake in an awkward position. 

Three friends who are as close as can be. 

Rick Welsh, the hotshot basketball player, who hopes to leave college and go pro. 
Samantha Andrews, the brainiac, blessed with common sense and beauty. 
Jake Lewis, the crippled virgin, who believes no girl could love a damaged guy with a disability. 

In a moment of despair, these friends share a moment that will forever change their lives. 

Life is messy. 
Love is complicated and true love doesn't always come wrapped in a pretty package with a bow on top. 

Is it possible that the friend you never had sexual feelings for is the person who will touch your soul like no other? 

A Special Connection
By Theresa Troutman
Reviewed by Heidi Lynn

First, I would like to thank Theresa Troutman for gifting me this book so I may provide you with this review.

I was first drawn to the book by its cover art and then its blurb. I knew after that I must read it. I am so glad that I did.

A Special Connection was a very sweet story about the bond that friends share, forbidden love, and loss.

Jake held a very special place in my heart throughout the book. Jake had felt very insecure about a leg injury that he got as a result of a car accident.  Jake had never had a girlfriend, been kissed, or even had sex.  He never felt as if anyone would want him that way due to his injury. The person he secretly wanted to be with was Sam. However, Sam was dating Rick.

Many parts of the book really pulled on my heart strings. Some of them were:

1)      “I’d like to think they’re all together-my parents and grandparents. The idea makes me happy. The fact that I can’t be with them makes me sad. I’m sure the therapist would have a field day with me right now,” I explained, trying not to be too remorse.”

2)      “Jake, I don’t care about your leg. I care about you. I would be honored to go on a real date with you.”

3)      Even after all the physical therapy and hard work, I would forever have a limp-definitely not sexy to the girls or manly enough for the guys.

I really enjoyed A Special Connection by Theresa Troutman. I would rate this book 4 out of 5 kisses. 



Author 
Theresa Troutman

Theresa Troutman lives in Pennsylvania with her husband and their crazy dog, Niko. She loves reading, theatre and traveling. Her books include: My Secret Summer, A Special Connection, By My Side and the Love's Great Adventure Series: Life's What You Make It and Love This Life and London Loves. She is currently working on contemporary romance - book 4 in the Love's Great Adventure Series, which will be released in the Spring 2015.

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/theresa.troutman.author

Goodreads:
 https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7364733.Theresa_Troutman

Twitter
@theresatroutman

Website:
 http://theresatroutman.wix.com/theresa-troutman

Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Theresa-Troutman/e/B00G80VRTO/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1424868490&sr=1-2-ent


No comments:

Post a Comment