Saturday, February 14, 2015

Jump, Jive, and Wail by Kathryn R. Beil


Jump, Jive, and Wail
By Kathryn R. Biel



Synopsis

Kaitlin Reynolds is used to fearlessly flying off mountains. But nearly two years after a devastating injury has ended her ski jumping career, Kaitlin is still struggling to put one foot in front of the other and find her new life. A chance meeting with a handsome stranger begins to put life into perspective. Dashing figure skater, Declan McLoughlin has just returned from the Olympics amid a swirl of publicity and fanfare. Just as Kaitlin begins to have hope again, her charming savior turns out to represent everything she has lost. If Kaitlin can just let go of the past and take a leap of faith, will she find herself soaring into Declan's arms?



Author 
Kathryn R. Beil

Telling stories of resilient women, Kathryn Biel hails from upstate New York and is a spouse and mother of two wonderful and energetic kids. In between being Chief Home Officer and Director of Child Development of the Biel household, she works as a school-based physical therapist. She attended Boston University and received her Doctorate in Physical Therapy from The Sage Colleges. After years of writing countless letters of medical necessity for wheelchairs, finding increasingly creative ways to encourage the government and insurance companies to fund her clients' needs, and writing entertaining annual Christmas letters, she decided to take a shot at writing the kind of novel that she likes to read. Her musings and rants can be found on her personal blog, Biel Blather. She is the author of Good Intentions(2013), Hold Her Down (2014), I'm Still Here (2014), Jump, Jive, and Wail (2015), and Fly Robin Fly, a short story (part of Cupid on the Loose: A Valentine's Anthology 2015)



Jump, Jive, and Wail
By Kathryn R. Biel
Review by Heidi Lynn

Thank you to Kathryn Biel for providing me with Jump, Jive, and Wail so I may write this review.

Kathryn tugged on my heart strings reading how genuinely appreciative she was for the assistance received writing Jump, Jive, and Wail.  Many eBooks I have read I have not come across an acknowledgement page.

I enjoyed learning that she was inspired to write this book while watching the ski jumpers at the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics. This was the first Olympics that woman were allowed to compete in. This book is a tribute to those brave women who fought for the right to represent.

There were two main characters in this book Kaitlin and Declan. Both are strangers, on the same flight, and both stranded together at the airport due to a weather delay. Over the course of the story both of them learn how each other’s commonalities intertwine into their lives. As a reader it was fascinating to see It unfold.

Right off the bat I felt a connection with Kaitlin. She and I both suffer from a dropped foot. She also sells medical devices, electrical stimulation units (called TENS unit). We both have used them to assist our walking.

There were many passages in the book that I liked and could relate to. This is just one of many. “Last I checked Mother Nature doesn't take personal requests.” He chided me jokingly. “Plus, you live in Detroit. How can you not like winter? Isn't it automatically in Michiganders DNA?” I myself live in Buffalo, NY so this gave me a chuckle.

I really enjoyed reading Jump, Jive, and Wail by Kathryn R. Beil. I rate this eBooks a 4.5 out of 5 kisses. I would definitely read more of her eBooks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment