Thursday, September 25, 2014

REVIEW: Picked by Jettie Woodruff

Picked by Jettie Woodruff



Synopsis
 It started with a game, a very different computer game, and a desire to know a life so intriguing and different from my own. I had just started to venture out with my own work at my father’s private investigating firm when our paths crossed on purpose. My purpose. I never expected things to go the way they did. I never expected him to be so nice and handsome. I couldn’t be number four. How could any woman love a man with more than one wife? Not only was it impossible, it was ridiculous. There was no way I was getting any closer. I was going to get in, dig around a little, and get out. That’s it. Does anything ever turn out the way we plan? Becker Cole’s wives were not the typical, obedient little housewives wearing aprons and submitting to him I had pegged them to be. They were cute, young and full of life. I loved them. All three of them. And somehow, I loved Becker too. Could I swallow the persona that society expected me to be and share him, or was this too much? Was I ready to be a part of this world? And if I wasn’t… could I just walk away?
 
 
Erin's Review 
Throw every preconceived notion about polygamy out the window before reading this book. I mean it, just toss it. Go in with an open mind. 
Only Jettie can make you fall for guys that you always said, "No freaking way! Never in a million years!" Um, hello, remember Drew???
This is the first book about multiple wives that I read and I was ready for an episode of Bad Girls Club or Real Housewives of Salt Lake City. Instead, what I got was a beautiful story about Cass and Becker and the unexpected love that blossomed all because of a game. 
This story is so different from anything else that I have read. I don't know how Jettie does it, but she makes you think. She makes you skirt the boundaries of everything that you think you know and opens your mind like no other author can. There wasn't a character I didn't like, with the exception of Cooper. He's a grade a jerk. But Becker is every girls dream. Sweet, attentive, funny, his only flaw...he has 3 other wives. And you don't hate them either. You want them to be your best friend. Each one brings a different dynamic to the relationship and you begin to think of them as one unit. Then there's Cass. Is she the addition, or the exception? She wears her heart on her sleeve and when she falls, she falls hard. I like Cass because she's normal. She isn't perfect. She's a bit naive, she's a tad awkward, her family is a mess and yet, she somehow holds it together. Just don't ask about the clutter in her house.
You really need to one click this immediately. It will hook you from the first chapter and you won't want to put it down. It's no secret I'm a huge Jettie fan, and after reading this, you better be too. 

Buy Picked

No comments:

Post a Comment