Tuesday, August 26, 2014

REVIEW: Among the Echos by Ali Martinez

Synopsis
*Among The Echoes is a stand alone novel which contains material that may be offensive to some readers. Including sexual abuse, graphic language, and adult situations. Intended for readers 18+.*

My name was Dr. Erica Hill. I was a victim, then a witness, and then I ceased to exist altogether.

I may still be breathing, but stripped of my identity, I have long since stopped living. I am invisible, and my life depends on my ability to stay in the shadows.

But he sees me.

Slate Andrews is the embodiment of everything I have been taught to avoid. He’s rich and famous, and one image of him with a woman would earn millions for any paparazzi lucky enough to snap it. He has vowed to protect me with his life, yet he exposes me with his every breath. I should be stronger and walk away. I should disappear. But I’m terrified he would come after me.

I’m on the run, determined not to take him down with me but absolutely unable to let him go.

My name is Riley Peterson…at least for today.


Buy Links 

B&N 

Erin's Review
I love everything Aly writes, and this book is no exception. 
The beginning, I will tell you, is tough. It's gritty, it's dark, it's powerful. But it is necessary to set up the rest of the story, not everything can be kittens and rainbows. 
Erica has to keep quiet about her past. It could kill her if it got out, literally. She has learned to survive but doesn't know how to live. Her life has become a shell of what it used to be and in turn, so has she. Then she meets Slate Andrews.
Slate is tired. Tired of the lifestyle, tired of being in the limelight, he just wants to settle down.Being a professional boxer is only a small part of who Slate Andrews is. He's perceptive, he is loving, caring and wants to give Erica everything she could ever want. Only thing standing in his way is her past. 
We see the real Erica when she is with Slate. She is funny, spunky, full of life. Slate is good for her. Now you know it isn't going to go smoothly, that would be too easy. Can the couple make it after Slate learns the truth? Will Erica survive long enough to tell him what's in her heart? Will Leo be her downfall or help in her salvation? You have to read the story to find out. I refuse to tell you. It's so hard not to give things away either but I don't want to take away from the story. You will not want to put this down. 

* Among the Echos is a stand alone novel *

Other books by Aly Martinez


B&N 


No comments:

Post a Comment