Saturday, January 31, 2015

REVIEW: Can't Always Get What You Want by Chelsey Krause



Fans of Ruthie Knox, Rachel Gibson, and Molly O'€™Keefe will love this deeply romantic and uplifting debut novel about losing everything you thought you wanted—and getting exactly what you need.

Sophie Richards has been looking forward to a much-needed girls'€™ night out: a Rolling Stones concert, a few drinks, a distraction from her grueling nursing shifts in acute care. But when her best friend bails, Sophie gets stuck with a blind date.

Although Brett Nicholson may be the hottest carpenter alive, and Sophie may technically be single, she isn't exactly on the market. Six years ago she found The One. He was everything Sophie dreamed a man could be--€”and then she lost him. In an instant, her whole life changed, and she forgot all about happily ever after.

But as she gets to know Brett, Sophie starts to wonder about the future for the first time. With a broken heart still clouding her mind, jumping into a new relationship feels impossible. When she's in his arms, walking away feels even harder. Now Sophie faces an impossible choice: living in the past or choosing love in the here and now.

Advance praise for Can'€™t Always Get What You Want


"This is a funny, heartfelt story about moving on, a touching debut from a very promising author. Romance lovers looking for both a giggle and a cry will get what they need from Can'€™t Always Get What You Want."--Stephanie Pegler, editor, Chicklit Club 

BUY LINKS: Amazon / B & N

REVIEW:

First of all I would like to thank NetGalley and Random House Loveswept for providing with a copy of this book so that we could bring you this review. 

WOW, ok I have to say this right now, this book will suck you in. I started to read it and suddenly I saw that it was late and I needed to go to bed and get ready for work. Then as I kept reading (at work mind you) I didn't want it to end. I absolutely loved this book and I can't stop saying that. This book is extremely emotional and will warn you now that tissues at least 3 boxes of them need to be kept handy at all times.  I loved the growth that Sophie goes through, throughout the book. Brett is a very strong character who in his own way helps Sophie see that its time to let go. Ms. Krause was able to get many emotions for me, that I can't believe she is a first time author. 

The only thing that I can complain about this book, is that I had a really bad headache from not sleeping enough hours before going to work. 

I give this book FIVE very enthusiastic kisses.

Happy Reading... Adri 

No comments:

Post a Comment