Saturday, April 26, 2014

REVIEW: Hot and Bothered by Kate Meader



Although her baby boy keeps her plate full, Jules Kilroy is ready to take her love life off the back burner. Despite a bevy of eligible bachelors, it's her best friend, Taddeo DeLuca, who is fueling her hormones with a generous serving of his mouth-watering Italian sexiness. But Jules learned her lesson once before when she went in for a kiss, only to have Tad reject her. She's vowed never to blur the lines again . . . 

After a lifetime of excuses and false starts, Tad has finally opened a wine bar, a deal made even sweeter when Jules joins his staff. Lovers come and go, and he's had his share, but friendships like theirs last forever. Still, ever since he tasted her luscious lips, he can't stop fantasizing about what could be. Then she joins an online dating site-and the thought ofhis Jules with another man makes Tad's blood boil. Even if he gets burned, Tad can't stop himself from turning up the heat this time.

Adri's Review:

First off Thank you to NetGalley and Grand Central Publishing for approving our request to review this book.

Ok let me start by saying that Jules is one of the characters that has most impacted me and I've identified most in a long time. Her feelings and struggles are very near and dear to me and my family. As a parent to a child with Dyslexia the fact that Kate Meader addressed it and the feeling that a person who suffer because of it, made her a character I instantly connected with. It was like looking into my own child's eyes and seeing her feelings. But even though she had these feelings of inadequacy, she is still strong and willing to fight and find her place. I also enjoyed that she was able to show that just because she didn't see the words the same as everyone else didn't mean she wasn't a smart, intelligent, beautiful, worthy person, (much like I always remind my own child). 

Another thing I really enjoyed was that Tad is constantly reminding her for these things and not letting her put herself down. His need and want to show her the potential she has and his faith in her is beautiful, encouraging and wonderful. Though he needs a bit of a reminder of his own self worth and believe it when it's given to him. 

I truly enjoyed this book and found it to have characters that are very relatable. I hope you get to have the same feeling and experience with it that I did.

Happy Reading... Adri.





No comments:

Post a Comment