Friday, August 30, 2013

FIREFIGHTER FRIDAY: Blue Flame by Jill Shalvis

IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE HEAT . . .Callie Hayes is the hardworking manager of the Blue Flame, Arizona's most remote, relaxing guest ranch. She's given everything to the ranch, body, heart, and soul-three things that go haywire when her sexy employer suddenly shows up. Their intense, stormy past has taught Callie to never mix business with pleasure. But something about Jake is different now . . .

San Diego firefighter Jake Rawlings knows the ranch he inherited from his father is safe in Callie's capable hands. After being injured in a high-profile rescue, Jake decides to recover in solitude at the Blue Flame. He may have left the fires behind, but he hasn't escaped the heat; Callie is just as hot and irresistible as he remembers. Now coming home doesn't seem like the best idea-as the sparks between Jake and Callie threaten to burn out of control . . . 


Sarah's Review:

This is the second story for Firefighter Friday and the final one before my September 11th rememberance blog will be Seeing Red.  As with White Heat, I was disappointed that this was not available last summer.  I was excited to hear that it was coming to Kindle since I can't read print books anymore.   I am a huge fan of Jill Shalvis, so I plan to finish reading all of her books at some point.  

This story was different than any other stories I have read by Jill Shalvis but it was still good.  While it was difficult for me to get interested in it, I was able to finish it.  It may have been my schedule though for the reason that I could get interested in it.  

Jake and Callie have a history after Jake's father died and left Jake the Blue Flame.  Callie works for the Blue Flame but wants to buy it from Jake.   Some strange start happening after Jake appears at the Blue Flame. 

I had more of a connection with Amy and Tucker than I did with Jake and Callie.  

No comments:

Post a Comment